Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy 20.

Yesterday was Jeremiah's birthday. He's officially no longer a teenager. It's pretty crazy to think that he's 20 years old - he still seems like a kid to me, even though I didn't know him before he was 19. I bought him his favorite sandwich from his favorite sandwich shop - Jimmy John's (which were have $1.5o subs in honor of its grand opening in Lake Geneva) - blindfolded him, and then led him to a nice scenic area with a bench overlooking Lake Como. It was such a nice afternoon, and I think he really enjoyed it.

I'm also supposed to be getting him this:






Season 1 of Ghost Adventures of DVD, but it doesn't come out until Tuesday. Shhh.

Today, my mom hosted her first ever "Zumbathon" to raise money for the local animal shelter. It turned out to be pretty successful - we raised $400 for the shelter. She's already planning another Zumba party in October. It was pretty fun and very energetic. People won prizes, I got to lead some songs, a male instructor led a routine to Britney Spears' "Womanizer" - all in all, a good day.

Also, I'm stressing out a bit when it comes to college. I'm supposed to be moving in in two weeks (August 29th), but according to my student account summary, one of my loans from financial aid has disappeared. It was worth around $10,000 for the semester. My semester tuition is $15,000 and I had full coverage. But now, instead of recieving $5,000 back from financial aid, I owe $5,000. I'm desperately hoping that it's a mistake on their end and it will all get figured out. How can a loan for $20,000 a year just magically disappear?

F my life. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment